Birth Place: Alexandria, VA
Current Residence: Scituate, MA
Height & Weight: 5’3, 117
1. What made you want to compete?
To prove to myself that I could and to show how far I have come in my fitness journey.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I have a wonderful support system keeping me inspired to work out. My gym buddies are a constant inspiration to continue what I ‘m doing.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
WBFF Boston will be my first competition!
4. Who got you started?
One of my best friends took me to the gym she goes to and I became hooked. I had never worked out in a gym before. I had started running about a year ago but was looking to add strength training to it. I am defiantly a gym rat now. Its the best stress reliever in the world.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
Dan my trainer helps me with my day to day workouts and diet plan. And Andrea who does cardio with me on weekends
6. Where do you usually workout?
I work out 6 days a week at The Iron way in Rockland which is the best gym around by far. And 1 day at Fierce Fitness in Wareham.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
I use EAS protein powder and pre made shakes, Women’s vitamin, fish oil.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
Definitely my arms! I literally had chicken arms and they are definitely muscular and getting defined now.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Yes! Its definitely gotten me to live and eat healthier and I have been inspiring the ones around me to do the same.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
TO compete in a fitness competition was definitely one of them! My body is still a work in progress so my goals are to be stronger and to still define my body more
11. Describe your diet.
I eat very clean. I eat a lot of chicken and tuna Brown rice and veggies. I do allow an occasional cheat day but not very often. I also drink as much water as I can through out the day
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I do double sessions 5 days a week and single sessions 2 days a week. 6 of those days is weighted circuit training and full cardio one day a week
Mondays- Squats and legs
Tuesday- Bench and upper body
Wed- Full Body
Thur- Deadlift, glutes lower body
Friday – back and arms
Saturday- Bodyweight circut
Sunday- Cardio traning, light weights
13. What do you do for a living?
I’m a medical assistant at a Drs office in Cohasset
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
I would love to go back to nursing school to get my RN
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I was a cheerleader from High School on. I cheered for Semi pro football teams till 2011
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I want to thank my Parents and siblings for all their support. My trainers Dan and Andrea who without their help I wouldn’t be where I am today. And to the 6:30 crew at the iron way without your crazy support and keeping me going I wouldn’t be able to do this!
17. Do you have any hobbies?
My biggest hobby is reading. If someone tells me about a book they liked I’ll read it. I’m in a book club with my extended family which keeps us all in touch which is great.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Keeping with the diet has been the hardest by far. Its a struggle daily to maintain eating well. Working in a doctors office where food is always brought it keeps it challenging!
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I think at first it was just to get over the fear of going to the gym and not being scared of lifting weights. when I started I could barely use 5lb weights and couldn’t even bench the bar. Seeing my strength increase is worth the obstacles!
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
I look forward to meeting many new friends in the WBFF and learning from the pro’s. . It is very true that when one door shuts another one opens… you just have keep moving forward to see it!