Name: Jennifer Wexler
Birth Date: 07/03/1975
Birth Place: Framingham
Current Residence: Needham
Height & Weight: 5’2.5 and 125lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
I was always into fitness and was saw something about the WBFF. I wanted to go to a show to see it, with no thoughts or intentions of even competing. Then I saw pictures of competitions and it was fascinating to me, so I decided, I want to do this!
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
My trainer keeps me going , as well as seeing progress from where I was a year ago.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
My first show will be the WBFF Boston show in June 🙂
4. Who got you started?
I felt as though I need a focus in life, something I love to do that will also benefit me.
I was also dating someone, who said I looked “average” after me asking how I looked. That was one of the worst things to hear , which in turn gave me the most determination I have ever had.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
I look to my trainer for help, and my mother for always motivating me and always have motivational people around me.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Boston Sports Club
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
Wheybolic extreme 60, BCAA’s, and Glutamine.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My shoulders and my abs.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
It has completely changed my life. It keeps me focused, makes me more ambitious, self confident and has taught me discipline. It has also give me a much more positive outlook on life.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
My personal goals are to get more size and definition.
11. Describe your diet.
I eat a lot!
Oatmeal, fruit, whey protein, egg whites, vegetables, chicken, ground turkey, tuna, greek yogurt.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I work out 6 days a week, alternating Bi’s and chest one day, Legs and Shoulders , and Tri’s and Back other days. Abs almost every day and cardio 3 days a week.
13. What do you do for a living?
I do Commercial Insurance and am also a Makeup Artist.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
My personal goals are to continue to reap the benefits of this lifestyle. Continue to be self confident, and continue to have a positive outlook on life. Change what I can and accept what I can’t. Be happy 🙂
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I did gymnastics and cheerleading when I was younger.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I would like to thank my mother, my father, Marci Reynolds, Ellyn Penn, and Tracy Penn , who are my biggest supporters, my friends and most importantly my trainer and Coach Terri DeAngelis . Thank you all for putting up with me, and supporting me on this journey. I could not have done with out all of you.
17. Do you have any hobbies?
This one takes up most of my time 🙂
I do enjoy reading, art and cooking.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I think the only obstacles are your mind and self doubt. That saying “your mind will quit 1,000 times before your body does” holds true. There have been times where I don’t want to go to the gym and I don’t want to eat whites and protein all day, and think can I do this? ,but my determination and drive pushes me anyways in the end.