Name: Tami Dragon
Birth Date: 11/12/1972
Birth Place: New Haven
Current Residence: Prospect
Height & Weight: 5’2″ 110lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
It’s been something I’ve wanted to do the past 20 years and seeing that I’m not getting any younger I better do it now before its too late.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I am inspired everyday in my line of work. I own a fitness studio and its so rewarding to see my students excited about getting fit and healthy. Picking up magazines and browsing through the pictures of fitness models really inspires me aswell to keep focused on my diet and exercise so that I can keep moving forward.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I am cometing in the WBFF New England RI Nov 3rd and the WBFF Fitness Atlantic CT in April 2013
4. Who got you started?
Myself, but realized I was going to need some help along the way so I recently hired a trainer.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
My husband is a huge help, offering great advise on my diet especially. I have also hired a trainer who knows the fitness modeldustry well and can lead me in the right direction so that I can go into my first show confidently.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Live Love Dance Fitness Studio and Blast Fitness.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
GNC Mega Pack Active for women
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My arms and legs have been the most noticeable results. And I am pleased with my progress.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has not only changed my life but also the lives of my husband and children. I believe a fit family is a happy family, and we are. 🙂
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
My personal fitness goal right now is to compete in my first competition. Winning would be great but I’m not going to unrealistic. Sure that would be great but will be happy just to take the stage and hope for the best with all the efforts I’ve put in.
11. Describe your diet.
My diet is a consistent clean diet. (6) 300 calorie meals every 2 1/2 hours consisting of 40, 30, 20 ratio of protein, carbs and fat.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
M: 2 hours of cardio, 1 hour Weights
T: 1 hour Weights
W: 2 Hours of cardio, 1 hour Weights
Th: 1 hour Weights,
Fri: 1 Hour Cardio
Sat: 1 Hour Weights, 1 Hour Cardio
13. What do you do for a living?
I own a Fitness Studio where I teach group fitness classes.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
To be the best Mom and wife I can be.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
Yes, running. I participated in a few races over the years and have also won a few. Love running!
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
Thank you to my husband, Nigel, and my 3 daughters, Brooke, Taylor and Paige for always being so supportive of me as I chase this dream of competing in a fitness competiton. Love you all so much! xo
17. Do you have any hobbies?
Unfortunatley I dont have alot of time for hobbies these days. But I make time for my favorite hobby which is spending time with my family.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
My busy schedule…Juggling my family, my kids, my business and finding the time to workout and stay on track with my diet are the biggest challenges.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I’ve overcome a fractured back injury all the while teaching group fitnes classes because I had just starting my business at the time and didnt want to disappoint my students by cancelling classes. Today I am happy to report I have a healthy back. Injury free!! and I’m now able to move forward towards my fitness goals.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
Just that I’m super excited for this compettion. Thank You WBFF for making it possible!