Birth Place: Jacksonville, NC
Current Residence:Waterford CT
Height & Weight:5’9″ 134lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
I was born a competitor. I always like to have something to work towards and this was one of my goals.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
To stay inspired I look at fitness model photos or watch WBFF shows on youtube and picture myself on stage.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
Nov 9th 2013 in Providence RI
4. Who got you started?
My friend Bobby and I trained together and I told him that I was interested in competing and he fully supported and encouraged me. I started training hard with my Uncle Leo and called around to find a coach. I found Jimmy Byrnes out of Flex Fitness in Plainfield CT. He worked with me on my diet and took control and took me into my first show. Fell in love with it!
5. Who do you look to for help now?
My coach. I text Jimmy at any hour and ask about foods or if I miss a workout or something. My family is a huge support. They will watch my kids so I can workout or run, support my dietary restrictions, and encourage and remind me of the end result.
6. Where do you usually workout?
I workout with Dan Reed at Iron Clad Fitness in Waterford. I also work with Leo Dousis on cardio days. Both trainers are amazing and then add in Jimmys diet and coaching and I feel confidant that I will be ready to take the stage.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
YES!! I cant live without my AdvoCare Catylast and fish oil.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My butt!! I have never had muscle in my butt and now I do!
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
It has totally changed my life. From my personal life to family life. Fitness is talked about on a regular basis in our house. We have 3 boys and teaching them healthy eating habits and good form for workouts is so important. Especially when you are raising athletes!!
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
I want to get my Pro Card and hopefully compete in Worlds someday with the best of the best!! Just being invited to go to would be such and honor.
11. Describe your diet.
Right now its 4oz chicken
2oz sweet potatos
5 asparagus spears
1/2 an avacodo with meals 3 & 4
3/4 gallon water and supplements
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I work a job that I am on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week so I am so lucky to have such flexible trainers that if I cant make it to one I always get in with the other. Legs I usually do on Fridays so I have the weekend to get over the soreness!! Cardio I do hardcaore Sat and Tues. Everything else I rotate depending on my schedule.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a Rep for Medtronic Spine and Biologics.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I have to thank my husband Patrick for his support. These competitions take up a lot of time when prepping and a lot of money. Thank you to Dan Reed for pushing me to become my better self! Thank you to Leo Dousis for always pushing me and never letting me quit! Jimmy and Mike, Thank you for all of your time spent on getting us ready for this show. It takes a lot of time and dedication. You both are greatly appreciated. Mike, the hair….FIERCE!!! Jeri, Thank you for your positive attitude through all of this. You were always reminding me to stay positive. So proud and excited for you competing here in your first show!!! Thank you to Chris, Josh and Malik, my co-workers, for all of your support.
17. Do you have any hobbies?
Working out, dancing and spending time with my family. We pretty much have at least 2 sporting events every weekend.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
There is nothing that will keep me from reaching my goal. I may not reach it today but, I will reach it.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
Self discipline! I have 3 boys and a very demanding job which requires me to be on call 24 hours a day. Running a household and add in their sports and its a mad house!!
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?