Name: Ryan Parker
Birth Date: 04/12/1992
Birth Place: Waterbury CT
Current Residence: Wolcott
Height & Weight: 6′
1. What made you want to compete?
About a year and a half ago I had received a very serious head injury resulting with a medical leave of absence for an entire year of school. Overcoming this, I became a trainer and realized I can help others re-create themselves as I have.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
Im always trying to watch motivational videos at home, as well as listen to inspirational speeches to keep me in a positive mindset.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I have competed in the 2013 Fitness Atlantic show as well as the 2013 Boston Championships show.
4. Who got you started?
Dave Fitz and Berenice Salazar have showed me the path to success.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
I love reading. If I have a question and someone body else doesn’t know the answer ill refer back to the internet and find it.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Total Fitzness in Wolcott CT
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
Lately ive been keeping my stacks to a minimal. Pre workout, protein, bcaa, vitamins and probiotics.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My most noticeable results are my abdominals.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Yes it has, if I never got involved with the lifestyle I cannot say I would be happy at this point in time.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
My goals are never ending. I want to master my body and learn everything possible about it. Ultimately I would love to turn pro to give my friends and family something to celebrate with me.
11. Describe your diet.
My diet is pretty basic. Im very low carbed for the majority of the day. Higher fat / protein percentages compared to carbohydrates.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I lift first thing every morning. Usually around 5-6 depending the days with my work and school schedule. I try and lift 5 times a week!
13. What do you do for a living?
Im a manager at GNC, as well as a personal trainer on the side.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
Receive my masters degree in Dietetics.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
Yes, I had wrestled in college at American International college division 2 for a year, then walked onto the Marist football team Division 1a.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I would love to thank all my friends and family for the continued support. Without the support it truly would be alot more difficult!
17. Do you have any hobbies?
I love reading.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
The only challenges keeping me from reaching my goals are controlling myself. If I do not control my state of mind, I will not reach my goals.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
Wrestling of all things started to develop my mindset. I have overcame Traumatic Brain Injury as well as Post Concussive Syndrome in the past year.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
I compete in the WBFF because it is truly the best of the best! Im determined to be up top!