Name: Lynn Priest
Birth Date: 05/19/1964
Birth Place: Auburn, Alabama
Current Residence: New Milford, Ct
Height & Weight: 5 ft 91 lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
I had several friends who competed in figure. I wanted to learn how to train for it.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I enjoy competing. I look at photos from past shows and try to improve something such as my shoulders or abs. I compete with myself.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
This will be my second New England Weekend. I have done two WBFF Fitness Atlantic shows. I have also competed in OCB and INBF for figure and bikini.
4. Who got you started?
I’m a personal trainer and I saw several other trainers compete in the NPC and OCB for figure in the gym where I worked.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
I have trained with Sherry Carature, Lori Ann Marchese and Lindsey Messina.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Gyms near my house and a corporate gym in Stamford, Ct. where I work during the week.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
I use Advocare and whey protein from Body Tech
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My legs, glutes and back are more defined.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness is my life. I’m 49 years old and I’m healthy and strong. The age 50 is around the corner. I heard it’s the next 35. I’m going to make it the next 25!
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
I am working on getting bigger shoulders.
11. Describe your diet.
I cycle carbs. On a back day I eat the most amount of carbs. On an off or cardio only day I eat the least amount of carbs.
I eat “good” fats and lot’s of protein: chicken, eggs, steak, whey protein
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
day 1 back/shoulders
day 2 chest/triceps/abs
day 3 back/ biceps
day 4 Legs/hamstrings/glutes/abs
13. What do you do for a living?
I’m a personal trainer and teach classes such as zumba, cardio kick box, TRX, bootcamp, spin, yoga, pilates and Taekwon-Do.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
To buy a condo in South Carolina on a golf course.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I’m a runner: 5K to 4 marathons
I have a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwon-Do
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I would like to thank my husband Bill for supporting me while I train for these shows and drive him crazy! He is always in the audience cheering me on! He is my biggest fan!
17. Do you have any hobbies?
I am an interior decorator. My husband and I own a 100 yr old home that we’ve been renovating for the past 10 years.
I am a fitness model.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Right now I just keep changing up my workout routine so I continue to grow.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
Juggling a marriage, family and working 2 jobs. I have to stick to a schedule.