Name: Lauren Lelli
Birth Date: 03/17/1988
Birth Place: Massachusetts
Current Residence: New York City
Height & Weight: 5’2 & 110
1. What made you want to compete?
Almost a year ago, my trainer, Malenna Saunders created a team to help her prep for shows. The Elite Heat was then born. We started training as if we were going to compete, next thing you know we were hitting the stage!
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I’m a serious extremist so when I said to myself and committed to it, it was a promise I made to myself that I would carry out. And of course — my team, The Elite Heat.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I have taken part in Fitness America Muscle Mania and plan to scope out some shows for 2013.
4. Who got you started?
My amazing trainer and friend Malenna Saunders. Without her I wouldn’t be the person I am today nor would I be up on that stage!
5. Who do you look to for help now?
Always Malenna, she’s my guru. I also look to my team.
6. Where do you usually workout?
New York Sports Club City Hall — Represent!!
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
Body Tech Whey Vanilla protein power
Vitamin Shoppe – Glutamine & BCAA
Womens Multi Vitamin
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My lats! At least the one I was the most proud of.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has always been apart of my life. I grew up playing competitive soccer and when I could no longer step foot on the field I turned to the gym as my outlet.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
My fitness goals go beyond me. I want to set an example for everyone and be the the trend setter. I want people to understand that they get one body, that it should be treated like a temple and a little heavy weight lifting never hurt a lady!
11. Describe your diet.
Super clean for competition prep. 6 meals a day, all meal prep is done on Sunday. Protein pancakes before the gym, protein shake post gym then for breakfast egg whites with a veggie. Then a snack which is usually asparagus. Lunch, as massive salad I call the kitchen sink. A little more asparagus as an afternoon snack and then tilipia for dinner!
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
5 days a week weight training only. No cardio when trying to build muscle mass!
13. What do you do for a living?
I work in the software sales industry focusing on spas, salons and fitness.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
My non-fitness goals, is to find balance with all of this. To be clean yet still have a social life and enjoy NYC, maybe have a drink after work. Balance is important, so isn’t living life.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
Yes, soccer for 10 years.
17. Do you have any hobbies?
I love to cook. I try to take a cooking class in NYC every month. I also love to write and travel.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Some challenges are always environment. Where you live or work. My office has a keg! Tunnel vision though gets you where you need to be.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I really fell off track back in April after going to Italy and almost threw the towel in. But I shaved off 15 pounds and chiseled my body back to it’s old self
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
I hope everyone that takes part in this is having fun! Love what you do and always follow your heart.