Name: Kelly McCarthy
Birth Date: 07/21/1989
Birth Place: Boston, MA
Current Residence: Saugus, MA
Height & Weight: 5’2″ 118lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
After years of living the restaurant lifestyle of eating out and drinking almost every night, I was tired of how I looked and felt each morning. I started eating cleaner and working our regularly about a year ago. When I started to plateau, I know I needed to kick it up a notch. Then I was directed to Team Body Ambition. A show seemed like the perfect way to see how far I could push myself mentally and physically. I joined the team and here I am!
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I talk to my team, coach, boyfriend and select few friends. They keep me going when I’m ready to give in.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I’m not sure what the future holds. I’d like to get through this show first!
4. Who got you started?
My friend Courtney and my Aunt Lysa. With out these two, I would probably be slugging high life somewhere and eating nachos followed up by some mac and cheese. Seriously…
5. Who do you look to for help now?
During the day, it’s Team Body Ambition. This team understands what I’m going through because they are too! It’s a little family. And of course, our fearless leader, Janelle! At night, Ross, Sarah, and Courtney keep me from giving into my cravings. Cardio “date nights” happen at least once a week with Ross. I’m sure he’d rather be out getting dinner, but he never complains and make sure I finish whatever tabata session, spin time, etc I am doing.
6. Where do you usually workout?
I work out at a few different Work Out World’s in the North Shore and at BodyCo in Middleton with Janelle and the team.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
Isopure Whey Protein Isolate
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My back and shoulders have really improved. And my booty has so much more lift!!
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Absolutley. I was a stuck in the bar tending world of eating out and drinking almost every day. I would get home late, sleep in and get up and go back to work and start drinking again. Fitness has totally changed me. I’m happier, stronger, more energized, and so much more motivated.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
I want to be able to do 10 wide grip pull ups. I’m not there yet, but I will be eventually!
11. Describe your diet.
6 meals a day. All whole food with the occasional protein powder. Very well balanced with fats, carbs and protein.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
6 days a week
A new body part each lift and 3 times a week HIIT with some endurance cardio thrown in for fun.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a liquor sales rep for restaurants in the Greater Boston Area. Ha!
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
Get out of sales and back into what I went to school for, Market Research and Branding.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I was a tennis player in college.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
Coach Janelle Nicolo
Team Body Ambition
Anyone who has ever cooked meals I brought in Tupperware on top of what they were cooking for everyone else at a party. haha
17. Do you have any hobbies?
Wait…other than lifting?
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Nothing can stop me if I want it badly enough!
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I’ve had my fair share of obstacles. Friends not understanding this new lifestyle, a job that is not conducive to eating healthy, etc. If you want it, get it. No excuses. No obstacles.