Birth Date: 09/23/1985
Birth Place: Rochester, Ny
Current Residence: Rochester, Ny
Height & Weight: 5’1 at 105 lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
I had no idea this sport even existed until 2 years ago. My boyfriend was looking up bodybuilders online and I happen to see some of the bikini girls on the site. I admired their amazing bodies… and immediatly after said, I want to do that! …. So I did! 🙂
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
Following athletes on facebook keeps me inspired. I love the WBFF athletes that I follow, they are so friendly and always offer advice.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I have competed in 4 bikini shows between Rochester, NY and Buffalo NY. I have done really well in the other shows so I figure go big or go home right? I know the WBFF is where I want to be so it is my future plan. Nothing better than someday hearing the words Jessica Kosotn WBFF PRO !! 🙂
4. Who got you started?
My boyfriend, if it wasnt for him being so into the sport I would have never known about bikini/fitness competitions.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
My trainers, Julie & Craig Bonnet from Contestprep.ca
6. Where do you usually workout?
I workout at a hometown gym, Rochester fitness.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
I use dymatize chocolate isolate protein.
and FUSION products. PurpleK
~of course a multivitamin as well
8. What are your most noticeable results?
When I first started my most noticeable results was losing 30lbs to compete. It took me 6 months to do that.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
It really has. I am a completely different person, some may say obsessed. But in reality it has kept me outta trouble and focused.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
My personal fitness goals is to become a WBFF PRO, and someday grace a page in a fitness magazine.
11. Describe your diet.
My diet consists of 6-7 small meals a day.
Lots of protein, fat and minimal carbs.
I love chicken and lean ground beef & of course my veggies.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I workout 5-6 times a week
Weights 5 times a week on my plan from CONTESTPREP.CA and cardio 6 days a week right now. Pretty intense but I wouldnt have it any other way.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a senior teller at Bank of America!
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
To move up in my career and someday get married and start a family.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I was a competitive cheerleader and soccer player for many years.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I seriously have to thank my family & boyfriend. If it wasnt for them putting up with my diet, and constant focus on competitions for the last 2 years I would have never made it. I cant tell you how many times they say they just want to have a normal sunday dinner where I can eat whatever I want…. lol
17. Do you have any hobbies?
Hanging out with my family mostly. I am a new aunt so I absolutly adore spending time with my baby nephew.!!
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Challenges I face…. well MONEY is a big factor. It is not cheap to compete especially if you are not sponsored. Suits, spray tan, cost of registration, travel…. if I was rich I think I would always compete lol … I also find that I have a hard time gaining muscle, it takes time so I struggle in that area as well.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
Obstacles? hmm… what havent I overcome. Constant waking up at 4:00 am to get my workouts in & make it to work on time as been a struggle. I also had a double hernia surgery in October, so being out of the gym for a while was tough. I still struggle with the aftermath of surgery and some pains so that has probably been my bigges obstacle so far.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
GO WBFF!! Thanks for being an amazing organization. I cant wait to step on stage in November.