Birth Place: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Current Residence:Waterford, Connecticut
Height & Weight:5’5″ & 118 lbs.
1. What made you want to compete?
I wanted to compete because I wanted to try something new to challenge myself and broaden my horizons.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I stay inspired by running for two of my favorite charities: Run For The Fallen CT & Honor and Remember. My four year-old son and one year-old daughter also keep me inspired.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I’d love to do the show in Providence and the New York City show.
4. Who got you started?
Fellow competitor and teammate, Sarah Albanese got me started.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
I look to my coach, James Byrnes of Perfect Form Fitness and my husband & trainer, Dan Reed of Ironclad Training & Fitness.
6. Where do you usually workout?
I workout in my garage which was setup by my husband, Old School Iron in New London, Connecticut, and Flex Fitness in Plainfield, Connecticut.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
I use Catalyst from Advocare.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
The trimming and toning in my midsection are my most noticeable results.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has changed my life because it has shown me that anything is possible as long as I’m willing to put in the work.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
My personal fitness goals are to be in the best condition of my life; both aesthetically and functionally.
11. Describe your diet.
My diet consists of clean, whole foods taken in at small meals throughout the day.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I train with weights, do cardio, and HIIT workouts. I strictly follow all plans given to me by my coach.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am an entrepreneur. I am helping my family to set up a 4,000 square foot business named: Nummies Bakery& Deli in West Haven, Connecticut.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
My personal goals are to continue to freely live my life to the absolute fullest with the people that I love. I hope to continue to bring awareness to Run For The Fallen CT & Honor and Remember. I will continue to run for and promote these charities so that people may learn of the amazing work being done by good people in the state of Connecticut.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I played basketball and softball throughout childhood and high school.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I want to thank all of the love and encouragement that I have received; especially by my husband & trainer, Dan Reed and my 4 year-old son, Danny Reed. Another big thank you to my coach, James Byrnes and my teammate, Sarah Albanese.
17. Do you have any hobbies?
I love to cook, bake, and run.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Life is challenging. I never make excuses. If I set a goal, I do whatever it takes to reach it.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I have overcome many obstacles to be where I am. I have overcome addictions as well as issues surrounding food and my weight. I am a warrior and I am not ashamed. I take nothing for granted and I am grateful.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
I promised myself that when I arrive to that stage on 6/28, it will not matter what I look like in relation to anyone else because I will know that I have given all that I have to give; there will not be a person there who worked harder than me.