Name: Jennifer Silva
Birth Date: 06/23/1972
Birth Place: Fal River, MA
Current Residence: Fall River, MA
Height & Weight: 5’8″ & 118lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
I’ve been working in the fitness industry for many years. Competing was a way for my to continue to set goals and work for them.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
Waking up every morning feeling good and liking what you see in the mirror is enough for me!
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
New England Fitness Weekend 2011 & OCB Vermont, March 2012 were my most recent. I take things one day at a time and try not to think too far in advance about future shows. I usually keep myself in about 2 weeks out from a show, so last minute is usually when I decide.
4. Who got you started?
I couple friends I got acquainted with in 2006 at a gym I use to work at.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
My own education and knowledge I have acquired through the years and continue to do so helps me and of course Kevin Topka!!
6. Where do you usually workout?
General Fitness in Fall River, MA and Bodylanguage Spoken in Seekonk, MA. I also have a gym set up in my house.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
Isolate Whey Protein Powder and vitamins is all I use.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My legs and Abs have developed nicely over the years. Mature muscle is what I contribute the Hypertrophy to…
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has always been a part of my life since I was a child. Its my outlet and my stress reliever, without it? Couldn’t even begin to imagine!
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
Personal Fitness goals I continue to set for myself is to stay fit and healthy. The stage is great! The trophies are awesome! But at the end of the day Health and longevity is what I’m after…
11. Describe your diet.
I don’t diet. Except if I’m competing. I usually only competition diet for 10 days. However, on a daily basis? I just eat clean. I consume food in its natural state. I avoid processed, boxed or canned items and do my grocery shopping on the outside parameters of the store. Produce, meats, vegetables, seafood, etc.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I am a spin instructor and teach 5-6 classes per week. I also weight train 2-3 hours a week on my own.
13. What do you do for a living?
I’ve been a Verizon operator for 21 years. I am aerobic instructor, personal trainer, spin instructor and sports nutrition counselor.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
To retire from Verizon and enjoy my life with my family!!
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
Basketball when I was in school
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I want to thank my husband Eddy & my 2 daughters Theresa and Abigail for being so amazing and also all my close friends for their support!!
17. Do you have any hobbies?
Beside the gym? Being with my family and my 3 labs, Mia, Mya & Maggie!
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
I am a severe asthmatic, which sometimes takes me out of the gym for a week or so when I have an attack. The medicine also does a job on you body and mind. However, I feel when I get faced with a challenge it just makes me stronger and want things more!!
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I recently just took a week out and was hospital for a severe attack…. but I’m back on my feet and ready to roll!!!
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?