Name: Giselle Manon
Birth Date: 01/03/1987
Birth Place: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Current Residence: BROOKLYN, NY
Height & Weight: 5’6
1. What made you want to compete?
I wanted to take on the challenge to see how hard i can push my body in order to see the results i want. i was tired of looking at picture of women on a magazine and wishing my body was like that. So i committed myself to be one of those women. A women capable of inspiring not only other women but society as well.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
My boyfriend as well as my team (the elite heat) keeps me inspire. They not only my team members but i consider each and every one of them like my sister. They always there when i need them and allow me to push myself harder everyday.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I been in two FAP SHOW (fitness america pageant) which i have place 4th
4. Who got you started?
i remember seeing my teammate esther lopez and lauren lelli stepping on stage and thinking to myself i want to step on that stage one day and not only look amazing but enjoy every minute of the process. So, they inspired me to compete and not to sit around waiting on a body i wanted bu to work hard for it.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
i look at my teammate from the elite heat for help as well as my coach Malenna Saunders. My coach has been great in helping in every step of the way
6. Where do you usually workout?
i usually workout at new york sport club, crunch or planet fitness
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
i like to keep it very natural but i usually use bcaa’s l-glutamine, from muscle pharm, protein powder from met-rx or elite. cla’s (gnc brand)
8. What are your most noticeable results?
i have seen amazing results on my legs. i actually love how far they have come
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness have change my life for the better. I enjoy working out and realizing how things i couldn’t do come so easily to me now. I stop focusing in the negative things about my body and starting to work hard to make it better.
13. What do you do for a living?
i work as a recruiter at a home care agency
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
i want to go back to school to be a register nurse. i always love helping others
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
i use to play volleyball in high school and my first two year of college
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
i would like to thank my team mate and coach for always being there when i wanted to give up as well as my amazing boyfriend fro giving me all the support that he was able to give me and for believing in me and my dreams
17. Do you have any hobbies?
i actually love dancing salsa in my free times.
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
i would say some of the challenge i face are my family they really are not in favor of this lifestyle but i’m working very hard to change their mind.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
i think my biggest obstacle was myself. i had to learn to believe in myself and to work hard for what i wanted in life.