Name: Gerdy Abelard
Birth Date: 12/15/1577
Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York
Current Residence: Boston, Massachussetts
Height & Weight: 5’8. 181lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
Simply becuase I love to compete and preparing for competition.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
Dreaming about being the best, the guy that every body wants to compete against. The one that others look up to.
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I did the 2011 fitness weekend last year, which was my first show and finished 3rd in 3 categories. With not having any experience. My goal for this year is to win 1st place and earn my wbff pro card. Then look at an opportunity to compete at the world championships.
4. Who got you started?
A good friend of mine, (father figure. Big brother) Joe Sumerell. He use to be a natural body builder. For about 3 or 4 years, he suggested that I should bodybuild. Then six weeks prior to last year show. I decided to compete.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
Anyone that looks like they have something I can add to my training and preparation. Trainers, coaches and friends that are competitors. But I know sooner then later I’m going to need a coach and nutritionist to better prepare.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Inside out fitness concepts in Boston Ma.
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
I mainly just eat lots foods, supplements are quite expensive. But when I diet, I’ve learned quickly, that recovery and muscle preservation is essential. I use Amino acids by Cellcore and glutamine by musclepharm.
8. What are your most noticeable results?
I’ve been told that I have overall good symmetry top and bottom. My weakest points are my biceps.
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has been part of my life since the age of seven years old and I personal train for a career. The regimented lifestyle keeps me healthy and transitioned into my work.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
To be really conditioned, compete this year and earn my pro card.
11. Describe your diet.
A strict balance of carbs, protein and water. The simpler the better and no cheat meals.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
6 days a week or cardio and weight training.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a personal trainer.
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
To do something great in my lifetime that world will know about and be touched by it. Big and in depth enough to leave a legacy for even my great grandchildren.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I played football and ran track in highschool and college.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I’d like to thank my mom Deslourdes Abelard, very special
My Aunty chiso, who always have my back.
17. Do you have any hobbies?
Reading, going to Sunday morning matinees….
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Access to meeting the right people that will enable me too reach my full potential as a bodybuilder at the pro level.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I’m alive! Hard times financially trying to build my own personal training business.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?
“And this year’s winner is Gerdy Abelard” -announcer