Birth Date: 06/06/1976
Birth Place: portland, maine
Current Residence: saco, maine
Height & Weight: 5′ 7″ 120lbs
1. What made you want to compete?
I have always been intrigued and awed by the way the body looks during these competitions. For someone to have that much dedication and discipline to get there body to this level is amazing. I have always wanted to get there myself.
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
I workout with 2 wonderful, inspiring and motivating friends. They keep me going every morning! And my coach Erin is very motivating and inspiring. I also get support and inspiration from other members of BMP (Body Mind Potential).
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
This is my first show!
4. Who got you started?
5. Who do you look to for help now?
My coach Erin Melito.
6. Where do you usually workout?
Saco Sport and Fitness
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has always been apart of my life and I love the energy and satisfaction I get from it.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
To build up my lower body.
12. What does your workout schedule look like?
I lift 5 days a week and do cardio 3-4 times a week. Usually the cardio is running. I love running with my friends!
13. What do you do for a living?
I’m a pharmacist.
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
I love basketball and have played tennis, softball, and field hockey.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I want to thank my husband, children, and family and friends for being supportive in this journey while I fulfill a life time dream. And a special thank you to my coach Erin Melito for her support, guidance, knowledge and motivation!
18. What are challenges that you face that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals?
Having 2 young active children and working long hours.
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
I have severe anxiety and panic attacks that still try to interfere with my goals. In March of this year I was having some really severe physical symptoms that I had no idea was being caused by anxiety. I have always worked out and for a while I got so bad that I was afraid to workout. This was a terrible experience for me since working out is what has always helped my stress and anxiety. I was so lost and thought for sure that the doctors where missing something. I was told by many doctors it was anxiety but at the time could not see it. Around this same time a long time friend of mine had started a business called Body Mind Potential. I ended up signing up for a fitness/nutrition program through her and was amazed at how clean eating and positive thinking can make a huge difference in the way you feel.