Name: Candice Gagnon
Birth Date: 03/12/1990
Birth Place: Meriden, CT
Current Residence: West Haven, CT
Height & Weight: 5’4” 114
1. What made you want to compete?
Pushing my body to the limits and never settling for mediocrity
2. What do you do to stay inspired?
3. What shows have you already been in or plan to be in in the future?
I have competed in the April 12, 2014 Fitness Atlantic and I would love to compete at Worlds.
4. Who got you started?
I have always been compassionate about fitness, my mother was a personal trainer, she’s always kept my sister and I active as children. Also one of my best friends and former Marine Corps Veteran Lou Hernandez won his Pro-Card November 8th 2013. He too motivated me to compete and further my education with fitness and nutrition.
5. Who do you look to for help now?
My mentor is my coach Christopher Warnes. He has taught me everything I know about nutrition and competing. I am not going to college majoring in Sports Nutrition hopefully working for him one day
6. Where do you usually workout?
LA Fitness in Orange, CT
7. Do you use any suppliments? If so, what ones (brands, names, etc)
glutamine – optimum nutrition
vegan protein shakes (plant fusion & raw fusion)
8. What are your most noticeable results?
My booty, traps, and delts
9. Has fitness changed your life? If so, how?
Fitness has changed my life tremendously. I consider it a major part of my life. Since I have been out of the Marine Corps it has been an amazing stress reliever that calms me down and gets me focused for the day ahead. It is the best part of my “me time” because I can better myself physically and mentally.
10. What personal fitness goals have you set for yourself?
I would like to graduate with my master’s in Nutrition, educating the population about Veganism and athletics while also training competitors.
11. Describe your diet.
I am a strict Vegan.
I do not consume animal products or byproducts.
My meals consist of Tofu, Vegan burgers, Plant Fusion protein shakes, Rice protein, steal cut oats, Vegan cheese, and organic fruits and veggies
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a full time student using my G.I.Bill to study Nutrition at the University of New Haven
14. What are your personal non-fitness goals?
Educate the world about Veganism
15. Have you participated in any other sports?
Being the oldest of 11 kids I didn’t have the opportunity to participate in sports until I was w junior in high school and at that time I ran cross country. My Mother needed my help and that was the only sport that took up the least amount of time! I always dreamed of being a gymnast or a dancer.
16. Here you can mention your family/thank you’s.
I would love to thank my coach Christopher Warnes, friends, family and team mates!
19. What obstacles have you overcome to be where you are?
With the help from my coach and family I have been 1 year in recovery with my 11 year battle with Anorexia Nervosa. It was an ongoing struggle until I found fitness as a passion. I have also deployed to Afghanistan with the Marine Corps, each and every day I wake up knowing to live my life to the fullest because we are never promised tomorrow.
20. Is there anything else you would like to add that you think we’ve missed?